Results of the General Election voting held Tuesday, November 7 are as follows:
• In the Swainsboro City Council District 5 race, a total of 192 votes were cast. John E. Parker (Incumbent) – 80; Quantavius Foster, Sr. – 65; James Mason – 47. A runoff election will be held between Parker and Foster. The runoff will be December 5, with one week of early voting from November 27 to December 1, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
• Swainsboro City Council District 1 – D. J. Davis (Incumbent) had no opposition.
• Swainsboro City Council District 2 – Julian H. Sconyers (Incumbent) had no opposition.
• In the Stillmore City Council-258 race, 83 votes were cast. Two At-Large seats were up for grabs. Eddie Dean Allen (Incumbent) – 33; Brad Daughtry – 33; Colleen Slater Duckworth – 17. Allen and Daughtry will retain their seats on Council.
• Stillmore Mayor – Regan Slater had no opposition.
In addition, the sale of alcohol on Sundays in Swainsboro passed. The Package Sales passed with 236 yes votes and 173 no votes. The On-Premises Consumption passed with 234 yes votes and 178 no votes. Package Sales and On-Premises Consumption will go into effect January 1, 2024.