Life is simple and sometimes it takes simple things that we use every day to fix the complexity of our lives. The answers we need for spiritual growth can be right before our eyes. So today I will use a natural garden to connect us to spiritual growth and well-being. As we get older, we tend to be more selective in our choices by choosing a healthy diet. So, let's plant a spiritual garden so we can grow by using it:
In this garden we will plant SQUASH, PEAS, LETTUCE and TURNIPS:
Plant four rows of Squash:
• Squash Gossip (James 4:11)
• Squash Criticism (Titus 3:2)
• Squash Hatred (Ephesians 4:31-32)
• Squash Indifference
Now let us plant seven rows of Peas:
• Prayer (Luke 18:1)
• Peace (St. John 14:27)
• Patience (Galatians 6:9)
• Perseverance (Romans 12:12; 8:25)
We need at least seven heads of Lettuce:
• Let us Love one another. (St. John 15:12-13)
• Let us Forgive one another (Matt.6:14-15)
• Let us Encourage each other. (Heb. 3:13; 10:25)
• Let us be Faithful in our duties.
• Let us Serve one another.
• Let us Obey God's Word.
• Let us Search the Scriptures.
No garden is complete without greens so we are going to plant some Turnips:
• Turn up for Prayer Services
• Turn up for Bible Study
• Turn up for Worship Services
• Turn up with a Smile
• Turn up with the Desire to always do your best.
If this garden seems to be more than you can attend right now, start slowly, just start with the first three in each section. After planting, may you grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). And by the way, make sure your garden gets plenty of the "SON".
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here