by WHITLEY CLIFTON
The Emanuel County Board of Education convened for their regularly scheduled monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 14, at the central office in Swainsboro. In addition to Scotty Hattaway, Emanuel County Schools superintendent, board members in attendance included Chairman Mason Henry, John Allen Bailey, Phyllis Dixon, Johnny Parker and Sandra Swinney. Board members absent for this session were Del Brown and Tanya Lane.
Chairman Henry called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. and Parker gave the invocation prior to the pledge of allegiance being recited by all. Board members reviewed the presented agenda and approved it as presented.
In reference to superintendent comments…
• Discussion was held on a Communities in Schools application. This submitted application was approved by board members.
• Chandra Hooks, director of school nutrition, presented a school nutrition update to board members.
Consent Agenda Discussion included…
• Minutes from the regular board meeting held May 10
• Financial reports
• FY2023 Budget
• Bank Bids
• Superintendent Moving Expense in the amount of $3500
• Family Connection Contract FY2023
• FY2022 Amended SRO Agreement to include additional SRO, effective January 2, 2022
• SHS/ECI Tennis Courts GMP
• FY2022 Maintenance Truck
• Student Handbook Bid
• SES Book Disposal
• GSBA Risk Management Renewal
All listed consent agenda items were approved by board members.
The board then entered executive session. Upon re-entering normal session, the following action took place:
• Board members approved the certified employment of Shannon Cunningham, Lecarrie Palmer, Amelia Parker, Amber Street and James Tanner, teachers; Kimiko Walker, PE teacher; Donna Godowns, CTA head of school – 49 percent; and Kimberley Hooks, farm to school coordinator – 49 percent.
• The board approved the classified employment of Sandra Allen, Tylicia Cheeks, Carrie Jones and Carolyn McNeal, paraprofessionals; Jessica Conely, Alison Jones, Kara Olliff, Harley Rich, Bryanna Riner, and Hannah Screws, MTSS paraprofessionals; Katie Cowart, Yachi Garrett and Morgan Griggs, substitute school nurse; Courtney Dowd, school nurse; Krystal Scruggs, secretary; and Caitlin Smith, caregiver.
• Board members approved the resignation of certified employees: Kelly Anderson, counselor; and Felecia Harris, Joseph Korwin, Morgan Obodoako, Martha Thomas, Michelle Wilson and Frank Vashaw, teachers.
• The board approved the resignation of classified employee: Ann Walden, clerical.
• Board members also approved the transfer of one classified employee, Teresa Dolph (paraprofessional 18 – 22-year old; and the retirement of classified employee, Cherry Hill, transportation secretary.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here