The University System of Georgia (USG) is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct in pursuit of its mission to create knowledge. Accomplishing this mission demands integrity, good judgment, and dedication to public service from all members of the USG community. Annually, the USG highlights this commitment through an Ethics Awareness Week which is scheduled this year for November 7–13, 2022. The purpose of this week is to remind employees of our commitment to an ethical culture and our shared ethical values and expectations.
Ethics Awareness Week is part of a comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Program. This Program includes a system-level Ethics Policy and Code of Conduct, on-board ethics training, periodic ethics refresher training, compliance audits, special reviews and an Ethics and Compliance Reporting Hotline.
In support of this effort, East Georgia State College will be hosting activities to build upon our ethical culture by promoting activities related to our system-wide shared core values of integrity, excellence, accountability, and respect.
Activities during this week will bring awareness to ethics, reinforce the principles of recognizing the hard work of employees, and promote our shared values. Our theme for this week is the “SPIRIT of USG.” Activities planned will emphasize:
Stewardship. Prevention. Integrity. Responsibility. Inspiration. Trust.
Activities planned for this week are as follows:
• TikTok Contest – What does “Respect” mean to me?
• Compliance Training Modules for all faculty, staff, and students
• Daily email trivia quiz competition for employees
• Daily email ethics quiz for students
• Ethics-themed book display in the EGSC library
• Resource tables with ethics and fraud awareness materials set up on EGSC’s campus
• Bobcat Pledge banner signing for students
• Ethics themed movies available for students in the JAM Center
USG Livestreamed Events at EGSC:
• Monday, November 7 – USG Chancellor’s Speaker: Dennis Cathey, Chick-Fil-A
• Thursday, November 10 – USG Ethics and Compliance Best Practices in Higher Education
For more information regarding the SPIRIT of USG activities, visit the East Georgia State College ethics website at the following link: https://www.ega.edu/about/executive-staff/institutional-initiatives/ethics-awareness-week.html.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here