The Emanuel County Board of Education met Tuesday, December 14, at 5:30 p.m. at the Swainsboro Elementary School cafeteria for their regularly scheduled monthly meeting. Chairman Mason Henry called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. Del Brown delivered the invocation and was followed by John Allen Bailey leading the Pledge of Allegiance. Amendments were then made to the night’s agenda and were approved as presented.
In reference to Superintendent’s Comments…
• Dr. Denise Warnock recognized the following Governor’s Honors Program nominees: SHS Student Anna Donaldson, social studies/history; ECI students, Landon Canady, communicative arts; Sarah Catherine Kraus, visual arts; Lawson Mercer, mathematics; Shanna Wilkerson, agriculture research; and Martha Woodward – science/physical science.
• Superintendent Scotty Hattaway recognized October and November winners for F.A.M.I.L.Y. (Forget About Me – I Love You!), S.A.S. (Service Above Self), and P.A.U.S.E. (Pupil Acknowledgement Using SAS/FAMILY Examples). The F.A.M.I.L.Y. October recipient was Tiffany Strickland, SHS special education teacher, and Manzie Broxton, ECI assistant principal, was named the November recipient. For the S.A.S. award, Trena Houston, SES special education paraprofessional, was named the October recipient and Brandi Davis, bookkeeper at TCE, was named the November recipient. Lastly, the October P.A.U.S.E. award went to Jonorian Foots, SHS junior student, and SHS senior Savannah Reynolds was recognized as the November recipient.
• Discussion was held on early releases for December 17 and included student release details as well as administrative staff.
• Jansen Ware gave an update on the district’s recent bus inspections and advised that only two issues with minor defects were found during this year’s process and had been corrected the day of. He further advised that the local school district’s bus inspection results have landed in the top three percent of the state and complimented the school bus shop team.
Board members approved the following consent agenda items as presented:
• Minutes of the November 16 Regular Board Meeting
• Financial Reports
• Approval of Certificate of Completion for SHS renovations
• Approval of Amendment to the Mandatory Addendum for SMS Renovations
• Approval of ECI Batting Cage GABC Underground
• Approval of Construction Manager RFP Award for SES
• Approval of Revised FY23 Academic Calendar
• Approval of 2022 Board Meeting Calendar
• Approval of GSBA Policy Manual Update
• The Board approved the employment of certified employees, Shayla Brown and Angeleetha Raymond, teachers; and Olivia Golden, social worker.
• Board members approved the employment of classified employees, Jennifer Allen, substitute bus driver; and Susie Elbert, paraprofessional.
• The Board approved the resignation of classified employee Jennifer Allen, bus driver.
• The Board approved the retirements of certified employee Shonray Brooks, teacher; and classified employee Eloise Hodges, SFS.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here