STC’s Holton installed as 2019-2020 GALA chair
by Whitley Clifton | August 22, 2019 1:00 pm
Dr. Samuel Holton of Southeastern Technical College has been installed as Georgia Association of Literacy Advocates (GALA) 2019-2020 chair.
GALA was formerly known as the Georgia Reading Association and is an affiliate of the International Association of Literacy.
Dr. Holton, learning support and speech instructor at STC, says, “I am honored to have the opportunity to serve GALA. I look forward to the opportunities to assist GALA as the organization continues in advancing literacy learning and teaching for all of Georgia.”
GALA aspires to:
• Empower members of the Georgia Association of Literacy Advocates and local councils to become effective leaders in the field of literacy.
• Provide quality literacy education services to all Georgia educators.
• Recognize exemplary individuals and local and state literacy efforts.
• Promote goals and objectives of the International Literacy Association.
• Assist in implementing the Georgia Standards of Excellence.
• Support literacy and other educational goals set for Georgia by the Georgia Department of Education.
For more information on STC, visit www.southeasterntech.edu or call 912-538-3100 or 478-289-2200.