BOE meets for October
by Whitley Clifton | October 18, 2018 2:06 pm
by WHITLEY CLIFTON
The board of education held its monthly meeting on Monday, October 8, at 7 p.m. at the central office.
Dr. Kevin Judy announced the following:
• Fall break was held the week of the meeting for Emanuel County Schools, October 8-12, following the end of the first nine weeks. He also announced that the weather would be monitored, pending the attendance of several Emanuel County students attending the Perry Fair.
• The next board meeting is slated for Monday, October 29, at 7 p.m. At this meeting, recipients of REACH Scholarship will sign.
• Furthermore, he noted that 41 teachers and administrators would be attending GLISI at Stone Mountain October 15-17. Also, that he will attend the superintendents’ conference on October 18 in Athens.
In reference to new business:
• Board members approved the recommendation for a bid proposal from Dyess Air for the replacement of ECI’s HVAC.
• The board approved the consent agenda, which consisted of minutes from the September 10 and September 24 meetings, as well as the financial reports and fundraisers for the 2018-2019 school year.
The board then entered into executive session. Upon re-entering open session, the following was announced:
• The board approved the employment of classified personnel Casey Arrington, Crystal Hawkins, and Tiffany Wilkerson, substitute school food service; Ashlei Boatright, Ikera Devouil, and Erica Jones, substitute teachers; and Sandra Whitfield, substitute nurse. All approvals are contingent upon the NCIC report.
• Board members approved the employment of classified personnel Denise Branch, substitute teacher, and Roger Fulghum, bus driver.
• The board approved of the resignations of certified persons Sean Sigl, teacher, and Statreesie Coleman, custodian.