Fire damages kitchen at Presbyterian Apartment

by | July 5, 2018 10:20 am

by BILL CAHILL SFD PIO

   On Monday afternoon, June 25, Swainsboro Fire Units were dispatched to 310 Mary Ann Street for a reported fire in the structure. Engine 1 arrived at the Presbyterian Apartments to observe smoke showing along the roof line and exiting doorway to an apartment.

   A cooking fire on the stove had ignited the kitchen cabinets and exhaust vent over the stove. A quick extinguishment was achieved by using an A, B, C powder extinguisher and a pressurized water extinguisher. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the involved apartment and additional units in the building. A portion of the wall and ceiling required opening to control the spread of the flames, while the thermal imaging camera was utilized to ensure there was no addition flame spread. Engines 1, 3, 6, and Special Ops 201 responded, along with Swainsboro Police, to the scene.

No comments yet.


By submitting a comment you grant Emanuel County Live a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

© Copyright 2018 | Emanuel County Live