BOE meets for month of June
by Halei Lamb | June 14, 2018 11:30 am
Last Updated: June 13, 2018 at 3:50 pm
by WHITLEY CLIFTON
The Board of Education (BOE) held its regular scheduled monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 11. Mason Henry led the prayer of invocation, and John Allen Bailey led the Pledge of Allegiance.
In reference to Superintendent comments:
• Rita Faulkner addressed board members with a pay raise proposal for ParaPros in the Emanuel County School System.
• Superintendent Dr. Kevin Judy informed members of student improvements results from Milestone test scores. He commended teachers on a job well done.
In reference to new business:
• Bill Rogers Jr. motioned to accept the consent agenda presented at the meeting. Bailey seconded and all voted unanimously. This agenda consisted of minutes from the May 14 meeting and financial reports presented by Whitney Lawrence.
In reference to new business for approval, the following actions were made:
• Early Head Start’s Maria Daniels presented a COLA report to board members inquiring a 2.6 percent increase to the living cost application. Adam Lane motioned for approval, followed by Johnny Parker seconding, and all voting in favor.
• Bailey motioned to accept a submitted contract grant for FY19 for Family Connection. Parker seconded.
• Henry motioned to approve textbook adoption for science, social studies, and CTAE presented by Toni Terwilliger. Lane seconded this motion.
• Rogers motioned to approve the discarding of SHS textbooks for recycling. Del Brown seconded and all voted unanimously.
Frank Ellis entertained a motion to enter into executive session. Lane made a motion to enter, followed by Rogers seconding. Results from executive session will be released in next week’s edition.