Gas leak found and corrected at ECI

by | January 5, 2018 1:43 pm

   This morning, administrators at Emanuel County Institute noticed a gas odor in a portion of the middle school wing. As a precaution, all middle school teachers and students were relocated to the gym. Twin City Fire Department came to the school to help the district’s maintenance staff locate the initial source of the leak. They attested that the students, staff, and school were safe.

   Atlanta Gas Company assisted the district’s staff in locating an additional leak outside the middle school wing underground. To address the concern, gas was turned off in this area of the building, leaving this wing unheated. All middle school students will remain in the gymnasium and/or auditorium for the remainder of the day. Parents who wish to pick their children up early may do so by coming to the school’s main office and signing them out.

   The school district appreciates the assistance of Twin City Fire Department, Atlanta Gas Company, Emanuel County Schools Maintenance Department, and Emanuel County Institute’s administration and staff.

No comments yet.

By submitting a comment you grant Emanuel County Live a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

© Copyright 2018 | Emanuel County Live