Cold weather and a fireplace result in chimney fire
by Halei Lamb | January 4, 2018 1:48 pm
by BILL CAHILL, SFD PIO
The first fire of 2018 was a chimney fire on Friendly Way. Swainsboro Fire and Police Departments were dispatched at 7:36 p.m. for a report of smoke from the roof.
Units arrived to find a chimney fire in progress. Working on an ice-coated roof, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire. Using a thermal imaging camera, the walls and attic were checked with no extension of the fire beyond the chimney.
This is the second…
To continue reading this article, purchase this week’s edition of The Blade!