BOE holds first meeting of 2018
by Halei Lamb | January 11, 2018 4:53 pm
by WHITLEY CLIFTON
On Monday, Jan. 8 at 5:30 p.m., the Emanuel County Board of Education held its regular monthly meeting.
In reference to new business:
• John Allen Bailey motioned to approve the 2018 board meeting calendar John Allen Bailey, Johnny Parker seconded, and all voted in favor.
In reference to superintendent comments:
• Dr. Kevin Judy informed board members that budget planning would begin next month.
In reference to other business:
• A motion to adopt the meeting agenda was made by Bailey and seconded by Parker with a unanimous vote of all in favor.
• Minutes for the December 11, 2017 meeting and financial reports was motioned for approval by Parker, seconded by Del Brown, and approved unanimously by all.
A motion to enter into executive session was made by Parker, seconded by Brown, with a vote of all in favor. Upon re-entereing open session, the board approved the following:
• Employments, certified personnel, contingent upon NCIC report — Candi Boulineau and Berine Williams, teachers.
• Employments, classified personnel — Jenny Cox and Michaela Martin, substitute food service, and Wendy McLeod, custodian.
• Resignation, certified person — LaToya Nealey, teacher.
• Resignations, classified personnel — Gracie Green, custodian, and Christy Landon, paraprofessional.
• Retirements — Allen Durden, bus fleet manager, and Ollie Johnson, bus driver.