Geraldine Williford Sego, 85
by Halei Lamb | October 25, 2017 3:41 pm
Funeral services for Geraldine Williford Sego, 85, of Twin City were held Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, at Twin City United Methodist Church at 11 a.m. with Reverend Gregory Ely officiating. Interment was held in the Coleman Cemetery in Twin City. Surrounded by her family, she passed away peacefully Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Cedar Plantation Assisted Living after an extended battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
Mrs. Geraldine Williford Sego, widow of Reverend Carlton Eugene “Gene” Sego, was born in Emanuel County to Henrietta Tool Williford and John T. Williford on July 13, 1932. She was a homemaker and a lifetime member of the Church of God. She was a 1948 graduate of Emanuel County Institute. Sego was a loving wife, mother, and faithful servant of God. For more than 45 years, she and her husband sacrificially contributed to Twin City Church of God, where they last pastored. In contrast to her quiet and humble demeanor, Sego was a powerful leader and diligent worker in God’s Kingdom who had a burden to lead souls to Christ. She enjoyed working in the yards, sewing, reading, and crossword puzzles. Her grandchildren were a very special delight to her, and she loved them all very much. In addition to her parents and husband, Sego was preceded in death by two infant children, Carlton Wayne and Jeannie Carol, and her four siblings, Rev. W.C. Williford, Marie Bell, Mary Kate Pike, and DeEtte Kaminsky.
Survivors include three children, Samuel (Mary) Sego of Alpharetta, Angela (Gregory) Ely of Twin City, and Ted (Donnell Carter) Sego of Swainsboro, and five grandchildren, Samantha Sego, Amanda (Kelley) Chambers, Caleb Ely, Benjamin Ely, and Mitchell Sego Bull.
The family would like to acknowledge the staff of Cedar Plantation Assisted Living of Metter and Southern Care Hospice for their loving care of their mother.
In lieu of flowers, the family invites gifts to be made to Coleman Cemetery Association, PO Box 160, Twin City, GA, 30471.
Kennedy Funeral Homes, Hooks Chapel, was in charge of the arrangements.