ASPA Red Devils perform for BOE
by Emanuel County Live | March 27, 2012 5:53 pm
At their regular workshop meeting, the Emanuel County Board of Education was not only treated to refreshments by the Swainsboro High School Beta Club, but were also entertained by the Adrian School of Performing Arts Red Devils.
As part of ASPA Principal Maria Daniels’s presentation on the school’s progress, a group of student musicians under the direction of Misty Stovall performed a percussion rendition of “Footloose” for the assembled Board members. The performance is part of an Orff approach to music education.
The Board also met with Swainsboro Police Chief Randy Ellison to discuss a partnership between local law enforcement and Emanuel County Schools (see the full article in this week’s edition.)
In other business, the Board:
• Unanimously approved the ERATE contracts for 2012.
• Announced their decision not to participate in the Energy Education program.
• Tentatively approved the employment of the following classified personnel pending fingerprinting results: Melinda O’Quinn and Tonya Hooks, substitute food service.
• Accepted the resignation of Dana Adams, certified personnel (teacher), effective May 24, 2012.
• Granted final approval of the employment of the following classified personnel following fingerprinting results: Lucius Williams, substitute food service, and Rufus Lee Webb, substitute teacher.
• Approved the renewals of following certified personnel for the 2012-2013: Principals – Stacey Barber, Huddie Culbreth, Maria Daniels, Gail Greenway, Barry Joiner, and Valorie Watkins; Assistant Principals – Maribeth Clark, Joy Coleman, Anetria Edenfield, Robert Gray, Denise Warnock, Robert Warnock, and Sharon Weatherford ; Assistant Superintendent -Tammy Wilkes; Directors – John Bridges, Technology; Terri Burke, Human Resources/ Risk Management; Wayne Greenway, Assessment/Student Support; Vernon Hardy, Facilities/Transportation (1/2 time); Whitney Lawrence, Finance; Karen Ross, Special Services; Linda Sconyers, School Nutrition, and Toni Terwilliger, Curriculum/CTAE.